Monday, March 14, 2011

potato-broccoli rabe pizza review


Friday night, I made the potato-broccoli rabe pizza featured on food52. I’ve recently discovered this food blog.  It’s chock full of really unique recipes.  Check out the link for this pizza: http://www.food52.com/recipes/2611_broccoli_rabe_potato_and_rosemary_pizza. 

Overall, I thought the pizza was good.  Still, for a Friday night meal, it was a lot of work, and by the end of preparing the toppings, baking, and cleaning I would have been easily pleased with a pie from Allegro’s Pizza!  

If you’re crunched for time, there’s always pre-made dough you can purchases.  I usually have Pillsbury Pizza Crust on hand.  It’s a great staple, because it keeps for a few weeks, and if you have tomato sauce, you’ll have pizza within a ½ hr!  The pizza crust is sold like Pillsbury’s crescent rolls in that recognizable blue cylinder.  Simply, crack the tube and unwind the dough.  Just be warned, since the dough is already rolled out in a rectangle, be careful not to break the shape.  I also hear Trader Joe’s pizza dough is good too.  Either way, next time I make this recipe, I might reach for the pre-made dough.  This will at least save me from cleaning a billion bowls and my food processor! 

No comments:

Post a Comment