Thursday, March 31, 2011

Zucchini, I missed you!


I love all vegetables, and I like having variety; however, my better half sustains from eating anything green except broccoli, asparagus, and string beans.  I’ve broaden his horizons to eating salads and cauliflower as well as a peppers and beans, but for the most part squashes are out of the question.

I’ve experiment many ways from gratin to soups, but the “slimy” consistency gets to him.  I still don’t understand this.  Because of Brian’s abhorrence for squashes and the other “yucky” vegetable alike, I tend to lean towards food that we can both enjoy, and so I don't have to make separate meals. BUT you can only eat broccoli, asparagus , and string beans so much!

Last night, I tried out a zucchini salad recipe from Sauveur magazine: http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Zucchini-Salad . It was simply and refreshing spin on a vegetable that I’ve ignore way too long!  The recipe calls for garlic, cinnamon, sweet paprika, and lemon juice to make a vinaigrette with white vinegar and olive oil. 



I wish I could say this recipe converted Brian; however, I didn’t even finish the sentence, “Would you like to trrryy?” before he jumped to say, “No, thank you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment