Wednesday, April 13, 2011

French Fries!!


French Fries are an amazing snack food– I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like a good French Fry.  My favorite fries are pomme frites - just the double-fried, crispy goodness everything a potato has to offer, you can find in an order of Belgium fries.  One of my first foodie tours was to the Pomme Frites: Authentic Belgium Fries in the East Village, http://www.pommesfrites.ws/ . This was an awaking experience to how good French Fries could be.  You can have them served with traditional frites sauce, which is a mayo-ketchup mix or on their menu, you can try anything from peanut satay sauce to rosemary-garlic mayo.


When thinking about this post, I questioned, “How many types of fries are out there??” This is my list so far: steak fries, curly fries, shoestring fries, waffle fries, butterfly fries, crinkle fries, fast food fries – I feel the character Bubba in Forrest Gump, but you get the picture; there are a lot of fries out there! I’m excluding on how you can order fries, because a quick Google search has shown me that I’ve been missing out! Have you heard of Patatje Oorlog? Check out this site to see that there’s more than disco fries and cheese fries: http://finefries.com/types-of-french-fries.html .

Because I don’t have fryer, I tend to usually order fries when I go out, but a good alternative I’ve found is to julienne either russet or sweet potatoes, and coat them with some olive oil, and bake on high heat in the oven.  They come out super crispy, and to serve, I coat my non-fried fries with some coarse salt and cayenne pepper.  They’ve been given the “Brian Stamp of Approval,” so any palette would enjoy these “fries.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment