Wednesday, April 6, 2011

changing tides


Growing up, I was exposed to all sorts of traditional Italian foods.  From creepy-crawling snails in tomato sauce to baccala, I tried it.  I’ve taken this attitude even into adult food. Though I may not be as ambitious as Andrew Zimmerman, I still have my share of exotic foods. If it wasn't for my mom, I wouldn't hold the same love for food exploration that I have today.

Recently, I had made a trip home and had gone for Japanese with my mom and sister.  To my surprise, my mother ordered sushi! Granted it was cooked, I would never have imagined the day when my mom ordered something wrapped in seaweed!


When trying new foods, my mom has always had a traditional sense of taste, but to have her order sushi was a great surprise. She's expanding her food horizons.  It goes to show that everyone, at any age, can try something new!  

No comments:

Post a Comment